Tuesday 12 July 2016

Disclaimer: This is my first blogpost and all I do not intend to offend any race, religion, animal or flower pot. No cows were harmed in the making of this blog. 


So I just finished a book sequel. And I'm going crazy waiting for the third one! I died and resurrected so many times that I ran out of fingers to count on, like WHY CANT YOU JUST COME OUT ALREADY?? (Not that the book is gay or anything but you get my point). I recommend all readers to start with A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES and and then read the sequel called A COURT OF MIST AND FURY (which was the book I just finished). It's suchhhh a good book in so many ways like the language is perfect and really helpful for everyone trying to improve their style of writing.



The story is so well plotted that you may not even realise the links between the details in the two books and there are so many meanings between the lines that anyone ought to omit them completely while reading it for the first time. The suspense, the climax and the characters are so perfectly fabricated that I'm just sitting here gaping at the pages like 
"OMG WHAT THE FUCK" 
"THIS LIL BITCH GONNA GET HERSELF KILLED"
"WHYYYYY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!!"
"NO STOP PLEASE DONT"
"RHYSAND OMG I LOVE YOU"
"FUCK OFF TAMLIN"
"WHAT DOES THIS NIGGA WANT NOW?" 


although I must warn you, don't read this book unless you're okay with some pretty explicit scenes..
(I mean those pages could always be skipped but the choice is yours ofcourse)
Rate: 9.2/10
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
My favourite character: Rhysand 
Least favourite character: Ianthe, that slimy bitch.

Rhysand: A MACHINE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION. ALSO HE IS AN ADORABLE BABY BAT, WITH A HEART AS BIG AS HIS WINGS (AND OTHER BODY ORGANS, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN *wink*) . HE'S A PRICK, BUT HE'LL SACRIFICE ANYTHING, EVEN HIS ENTIRE EXISTENCE, FOR HIS PEOPLE.
Rhysand's too pure for this world and too great for our mundane mortal existence, the pinnacle of "asshole-ness". When people say that perfect boys exist only in books they're probably referring to him (and Jace and Maxon and Augustus)

Feyre: hates being locked up and hates protection from others. kinda horny, but I totally get why. She died a little everyday for the people she loved and finally gave up her life for beloved- only to lead herself into depression. One of the most awe inspiring female characters. She's okay I guess.

Tamlin: Meh. I hope he chokes on an ugly, razor-sharp cactus from the vast and scorching Sahara Desert. He's hot like Gigi Hadid- you might get over his beauty after a few chapters.


So now that's settled, I want to express how much I really love reading. SO. BLOODY. MUCH. Like the Cookie Monster loves cookies and like Narcissus loved himself and like Jace loves Clary. Okay you get the point :P 
A wise man once said that a good book leaves you exhausted at the end because you have lived so many lives. Reading is like learning endlessly, discovering new places while simply seating on a single armchair, travelling through time, becoming someone else entirely. I have lived thousands of lives this single lifetime and I'm grateful for all of them. Just as Tessa from THE INFERNAL DEVICES series always said, "one must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us". I am really looking forward to meeting more people who read as much as they eat (and by that, I mean alot) and to whom reading is as inbred as breathing (people with lung cancer and asthma are excluded to meet such ridiculously high expectations). 

Reading provides comfort and reduces pain because pain is all in the mind and trust me, once you have that mind diverted and entertained and transfixed on a journey through the pages then your pain.....POOF! it goes without saying "goodbye","farewell" or even "thanks for lending me your body to dwell on, I will really miss fighting your phagocytes and lymphocytes and listening to you whimper in pain all day :)". You'll never know when it left or how it left, just like me leaving family reunions...
Pain, whether emotional or physical, will not be reduced by reading but perhaps numbed until you fully recover. Now I'm no doctor and you probably shouldn't take my word for it, but I guess since it helped me (and all those poor, miserable maidens in those cheesy romance novels) get through agonizing moments it should work for you if you allow it to. 


To all those non-readers out there, they say that everyone is a born reader but just not everyone has found the right book for them yet. One of my best friends only became a reader a couple of years ago, and perhaps it was because the right book finally crossed her path and I'm certain she's fangirling over a book right now. 

If you've never read then you should probably start with the bestsellers like the Percy Jackson series, The Mortal Instruments, The Kane Chronicles, The Selection series and Divergent, They're all great and highly recommend them if you're in for a story that will have you giddy for days.
If you're into teen romance then you should read books by Alexandra Potter and John green. You'll find most of them to your suiting. OR you could always just begin with WATTPAD? :D
Forage for the right book and the right book will appear right under you nose. Don't you yearn to live in the distant future or the machiavellian medieval periods, live in the mind of the opposite sex or of a person living thousands of kilometres away from you??






“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.” 

~John Green


I really hope all my yapping about the life changing experience of deciphering symbols and characters printed on really thin dead tree wood and creating scenarios in my mind based on them did not make you yawn more than twice :P


Lots of love,
Tammy Sharma

1 comment: